Restaurant Insurance

Cover for all types of establishment, from coffee shops to Michelin-starred restaurants.

Whether you’re a small café needing Coffee Shop Insurance or a well established gastro pub needing Inn Insurance, you will need all types of cover to ensure you are protected.

Restaurants are high risk places for both customers and employees. Fast-paced, busy environments, working with heat, food and alcohol is a sure fire place for accidents to happen, even with the most stringent of health and safety measures in place. 

Your business is too valuable to be incorrectly insured and it can be difficult to navigate through all the insurance jargon on policy documents to make sure you are adequately covered.
A tailored insurance policy from Ellis David allows you to get on with your job knowing that should an accident occur in your restaurant, you are protected. You can feel confident in dealing with reputable commercial property insurance brokers such as Ellis David who will be able to help find you the best policy for your restaurant insurance coverage.

Key features:

Fire / Flood / Theft / Accident Damage

Cover for damage to your business premises caused by fire, lightning, explosion, malicious damage, theft, storm, flood, escape of water, subsidence and more.

Multi-location business interruption

Cover for loss of revenue caused by damage to the premises.

Provides compensation for lost business revenue as a result of property damage – ideal for small chains.

Loss of drinks / entertainment license

Protect your livelihood in the event of a license being revoked.

Your license could be refused for many reasons beyond your control. We can provide cover that ensures you have peace of mind and protects your income.

Public and Product Liability Cover

What if a member of the public blamed you for their illness in the restaurant, or afterwards after consuming food or drink you served.

We offer comprehensive cover against claims made against you.

What does Restaurant Business Insurance cover?

A typical Restaurant Insurance policy will include:

Employers Liability
A legal requirement by law if you employ any staff whether paid, volunteers or part time. This will cover you should an employee become injured, or worse as a direct result of working for you.

Public Liability
To protect you in the event of a member of the public having an accident at your restaurant.


Buildings and Contents Cover
A restaurant can have large volumes of expensive equipment and furnishings. If everything in your restaurant was to be stolen or damaged, could you afford to replace everything all in one go? This can also be arranged to cover expensive wines and spirits.
Legal Fees
Cover the cost of any legal fees or compensation you are instructed to pay out.

Every restaurant is different, therefore their requirements are different. 

Click to complete a form for a free, no obligation quote:

We can tailor a policy to suit your needs so that you have all the correct cover in place.