Professional Indemnity Insurance
Protect your business against mistakes, errors or omissions.
Professional indemnity insurance covers you for errors and omissions such as:
- professional negligence or breach of duty of care (making a mistake in your work or providing wrong advice)
- copyright infringement (such as mistakenly using protected content without permission)
- breach of confidentiality (such as sharing of confidential or sensitive information without consent)
- loss of documents or data
- defamation or libel (making a false statement that is damaging to a person’s or company’s reputation)
It is important to make sure your business description is accurate and details of all activities carried out by the company are disclosed to insurers. If your details are not accurate, insurers can withhold the right to pay out on a claim.
We ask the right questions, ensuring that you will have all the cover in place that you need, should you ever need to make a claim. By doing this, our insurers have the peace of mind that we have researched your requirements thoroughly, and can offer us the most competitive rates that we pass on to you.
Get a quote
To discuss your insurance requirements please call us on 020 7354 3881 or email us through our contact page using the link below.
This will protect you should a client suffer directly as a result of working with your business.
This includes, negligence, unintentional breaches of confidentiality, infringement of copyright/trademark, defamation infringements, loss of professional documents and legal defense costs.
Varying levels of cover
Levels of cover vary according to your business and the type of services you provide.
The limit covers the total of all claims made during the policy period.
Only claims arising and notified to insurers during the policy period will be covered.
You can arrange retroactive cover which means that your policy can start before the date it has been taken out.
Cover will vary according to your business needs. The more protection you have, the better.
This can include: Public, Employers and Products Liability, Directors and Officers Liability, Entity Defense, Employment Law Protection and Fidelity Covers.
Who needs Professional Indemnity?
Any company or professional offering advice or providing professional services which could potentially cause their client a financial loss.
Common Examples are:
- Consultants and
- IT Professionals
However, there are many other professions where services supplied could potentially cause a loss and may require cover. We have access to a wide range of insurers who offer cover to many different professions.
Significant exclusions/limitations of Professional Indemnity (PI) Insurance:
- Business Activities not disclosed to insurers
- Excess – an amount you normally have to pay in the event of a claim
- Onerous Contractual terms going beyond the duty of care at common law are excluded, unless previously disclosed to insurers and agreed
- Potential known incidences that could give rise to a claim but not disclosed and accepted by insurers prior to inception of the policy
- Claims arising from the transmission of computer viruses or data protection breaches
- Defective Premises Act cover
Each Professional Indemnity Insurance policy is different, and therefore you should seek advice to ensure that you have all the correct cover in place.