Commercial Property Insurance

We make it easy to protect your commercial or residential property portfolio.

Getting the right Property Owners Insurance is essential for owners, landlords and managers of commercial buildings.

A quick online search will tell you that there’s a massive choice when it comes to commercial property owners insurance. Choice is a good thing but it’s important to understand the policy that you’re buying and that it is fit for purpose in terms of the protection that it affords you and your business. The scope of cover provided can vary enormously from policy to policy.

When it comes to comparing commercial property insurance quotes, it pays to use a professional Insurance Broker.

Rather than skimming through the jargon-filled policy documents yourself – or just ignoring it altogether and hoping for the best – we will take responsibility for understanding your precise commercial buildings insurance needs. We’ll use your information and our many years of professional knowledge to find you a range of relevant, competitive quotes.

Business Premises Insurance: four key claims considerations

Stolen Property

A break-in results in stolen business property such as IT equipment, as well as theft of clients property in your possession.

We are experts in commercial buildings insurance. We take the time to understand your specific requirements, ensuring the applicable limits are right for you.

Loss of Rental Income

If your property is left unoccupied following a fire or flood, we’ll compensate you for the loss of income.

We ask the right questions to ensure you have the right cover. Is your property mortgaged? What is the value of the monthly income? How many tenants do you have?

Business Interruption

A fire in your office destroys your computer network and equipment. Your business can’t operate for two weeks.

We design cover that reflects your business needs. By identifying the likely causes of interruption, we can understand the timescales and cost of getting you up and running again – and reflect it in your policy.

Landlord Liability Claim

A member of the public makes a claim against you because they were injured when they slipped over in your building.

Getting the right level of liability insurance is critical. We can advise you on what the right cover should look like – and even help you risk manage your way to potentially lower premiums.

Who needs Commercial Property Insurance?

If you own a Commercial Property you should ensure it has suitable insurance. A Commercial Property Owners Insurance policy differs significantly from a standard residential insurance policy. You need a dedicated Commercial Buildings Insurance policy, including Business Contents Insurance, if you own or manage a commercial property of any description, but just picking one off the shelf without professional guidance can be dangerous and potentially costly.

Specifically a Commercial Property Owners Insurance policy should address two key issues:

The building type

Whether it’s a converted wooden barn or a dedicated, modern office building using steel structures, commercial properties are typically far less standardised in their construction when compared to domestic properties. Additionally, they’ll make use of larger t heating systems and more complicated, demanding electrical systems. These factors mean repairs are likely to be a more lengthy and expensive process.

The tenant type

Domestic tenants should not be using industrial equipment, housing hundreds of employees, dealing in hazardous waste or using commercial chip fryers in their homes. Conversely, some or all of those things might be taking place in a single commercial building in any given day. It’s not surprising that Insurers consider a commercial property to be at greater risk of hazard and so a Commercial Buildings insurance policy will address the way that tenants may use the building.

Why do you need commercial property insurance?

If you own any property that a business operates from then it is deemed to be a business premise. This means that you will need to protect the property with commercial property insurance.

What is covered through commercial buildings insurance?

There are two main types of commercial property insurance such as buildings insurance and contents insurance.

Contents insurance – this covers you for any items that are inside the building such as IT equipment and any stock or other equipment that is used 

Buildings Insurance – This covers anything relating to the building itself. Some examples of the things building insurance  covers are burst pipes, storms and fires to name a few

What other things should you think about?

One of the main things to remember with insurance policies for commercial premises is to notify your insurer of any changes. This can include large purchases of IT equipment and also a larger amount of stock being held on-site. Speaking to your provider will mean that the policy is updated and will help to make sure you are covered

Click to get an instant online quote:

Our team can tailor a policy to suit the exact needs of your business, rather than a one size fits all policy that can leave you open to risks.